Monday, March 1, 2010

Chocolate Milk Soap! And other updates ;)

Yep, I'm at it again! Yesterday I made some chocolate GM soap. It was sooo hard melting Baker's chocolate! But I ended up doing it with a 'double boiler' method ;) We didn't have any cocoa to add to it, plus I heard too much powdered cocoa can give you brown, staining bubbles -- ick! Too much of any chocolate can lend adverse effects but hopefully I did okay. This time I used freezer paper to line the mold; it is waxed on one side. Wax paper is lined on both sides and I think the soap's heat ended up gluing the paper to the inside of the mold.

What I'm hoping for:
SMOOTH, buttery texture
A nice warm brown color
Slight chocolate scent


*Update on Previous Soap* The Chamomile infused Oatmeal soap finished curing yesterday and it is marvelous!
Qualities:
Slight, sweet clover scent (from the chamomile).
Medium suds in hard water! (from amending my recipe)
The large half-moon shapes are great for high-traffic kitchen sinks!
The chamomile heads are not scratchy but gently exfoliating!!!
It is another great bar for eczema :) Chamomile and Oatmeal soothe and reduce inflammation.

*Update on Millie*
She's doing much better! No more shivering, low temps, or 'off'-ness. She's getting that twinkle back in her eye!!! I'll continue feeding her 5 generic Tums a day until this Friday (two weeks total). Also I'm considering supplementing her hay with Alfalfa pellets to provide extra protein and calcium without feeding her grain . . . we'll see. Adios Milk Fever.

This Sunday I'll try my first "Man Soap" recipe. Things to remember; a lot of men hate scratchy things (why do you think Hanes started making tag-less undies!), flowery scents, small soap bars . . . and I forgot the rest. Sorry, eh!


No comments:

Post a Comment