Saturday, February 13, 2010

What's New?

Hello Everyone!

I decided the website I built http://sites.google.com/site/redbrickfarmnubians/ just didn't give me enough room for updates and things that happen around our postage stamp 'farm'! You'd be surprised at all the little things that unravel here. Those little things that lend magic, heartbreak, and joy to life :)


Our newest tragedy . . . one of our 'farm' dogs was attacked by some unknown beastie. The poor puppy, Skittles, was found with a huge gash that required many stitches and a 2 week course of antibiotics. Needless to say, an outdoor lab/shepherd mix does NOT smell nice in the house. Our vet told us to keep her clean, warm, and dry until her stitches come out. In the meantime I've been lighting our most fragrant candles!!! Hmmm, just not sure I'll feel safe outdoors until whatever hurt Skittles is found :(

Also, I'm discovering the painful thought of culling goats. Don't know what that means? It means that an animal is less than par, unhealthy, or won't fit in your breeding program . . . and you must find a new home for it. Examples such as: genetics, incessant hoof rot, etc. Or more serious issues like recurring mastitis, bacterial sicknesses, viral diseases. I never realized how running a farm could be emotionally painful. But my balloon doesn't land for long ;) I'll be keeping this blog updated about this subject too!

Well, this is it for the first post. The next one will be more positive, I promise ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment